Flying Monk Triathlon Club
What We Expect: Code of Conduct
The club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all its members. The club believes that it is important that members, coaches, parents/guardians, administrators associated with the club should at all times show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others.
Members ar eencouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with committee members, Coaches or to the Club Welfare Officer.
- All members must train and compete within the rules and respect officials and their decisions
- All members must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of gender, ability, cultural background or religion
- Members must support and encourage good practice and correct actions at all times
- Members must pay any fees for traiing or events promptly
- Members and their supporters should not smoke at club venues or whilst representing the club at competitions
- Members should not take banned substances or use illegal equipment
- Members and their supporters are not allowed to consume non medication drugs of any kind at club venues or whilst representing the club and shall not consume alcohol to excess where the club may be implicated or embarrassed.
Whilst we aim to make the club as open and accessible to as many people as possible, in order to provide coaching at an appropriate level, and to ensure the needs of the many are met over the needs of the few, we have some minimum sporting standards that we expect new members to meet:
- Swimming: Members are expected to be able to swim front crawl for the duration of the coached swim sessions (usually 1 hour)
- Cycling: Cycling sessions vary in distance and speed, however members will require a road-legal bicycle, helmet and appropriate safety equipment to join in.
- Running: DIY